Big Skies Festival
April 28 @ 9:00 am - May 6 @ 11:30 pm
The sky is the limit for attendees of the first Big Skies festival in Western Downs – a seven-day event offering plenty of country fare, flair and internationally-acclaimed musical acts.
Over the seven days festival-goers can partake in a variety of free and paid events suitable for foodies, families and fashion-lovers alike, with out of town visitors having the option of camping packages at Jimbour Station.
The hero of the weeklong event is ‘Day on the Plain’ on Saturday 5 May, which boasts some of Australia’s biggest household names; The Eurogliders, Wendy Matthews, Joe Camilleri and The Black Sorrows, Glenn Shorrock, Richard Clapton, Frankie J Holden and Wilbur Wilde.
From long lunches to Cappadocia-inspired Hot Air Balloons, Cinemas Under the Stars to Dalby Picnic Race Day – there is something for everyone.
Below is the schedule for the festival (running from 28 April-6 May):
- Saturday, 28 April – Dalby Picnic Races
- Wednesday, 2 May – Dalby Sales Yard Tour
- Wednesday, 2 May & Thursday 3 May – Cinema Under the Stars
- Thursday, 3 May & Friday, 4 May – Camp Oven Experience
- Friday, 4 May – Big Night Sky – Guided Tour of the Galaxy
- Saturday, 5 May – Day on the Plain music concert
- Sunday, 6 May – Hot Air Balloon Breakfast
- Sunday, 6 May – Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Sunday, 6 May – Food and Fibre
For more information about each of the events and accommodation options visit: http://www.bigskies2018.com.au