Switzerland is a unique holiday, travel and conference destination in the heart of Europe. The best way to discover Switzerland is the Swiss way by train, bus, boat or mountain railways. The public transport system is fully integrated and it is all part of the experience.
Zurich is top for leisure and pleasure. Gentle hills, peaceful woods, the unpolluted lakes and rivers, picturesque villages – and all just a stone’s throw from the Alps.
Enjoy the pretty old town, the trendy new Zurich West district and the glorious lake.
The famous Bahnhofstrasse and the Limmatquai are a shopper’s paradise.
Over 1,700 restaurants and bars serve both traditional Zurich and Swiss dishes as well as exotic specialties. www.zuerich.com
Lake Geneva Region
The town of Montreux nestles in a sheltered Lake Geneva bay, surrounded by vineyards and against the breathtaking backdrop of snow-covered Alps.
The city of Lausanne is also extremely picturesque, built on three hills, surrounded by vineyard-covered slopes and with Lake Geneva at its feet. Rising impressively from the opposing French lakeshore are the Savoy Alps. The attractive old town is largely car-free. www.lake-geneva-region.ch/en
Lake Lucerne Region
Thanks to its attractions, its souvenir and watch shops, the beautiful lakeside setting and the nearby excursion mountains of the Rigi, Pilatus and Stanserhorn, the city of Lucerne is a destination for many travel groups and individuals on their journey through central Switzerland.
The covered, medieval Chapel Bridge forms the centrepiece of Lucerne’s townscape and is considered to be one of the oldest, covered wooden bridges in Europe.www.luzern.com
The Jungfrau Region is a highly desirable holiday destination.
In summer you can choose from over 500 km of marked walking, hiking and mountain paths. In winter the region offers all kinds of fun in the snow with 213 km of runs, 100 km of winter footpaths and 50 km of toboggan runs.
Since 1912 the Jungfrau Railway has been bringing tourists from the Kleine Scheidegg through a tunnel under the Eiger North Face to the Jungfraujoch Station at almost 3500 meters above sea level. Simply spectacular! www.jungfrau.ch
Strategically located on the River Rhine bordering France and Germany, the city of Basel is not only a major cruise hub in Europe, but also an arts and cultural capital. Birth place of Roger Federer and home to Art Basel, travellers are spoilt for choice when exploring this riverside city. From the old to the new, and from sports to shopping, food and nightlife, the one thing travellers will no doubt experience is the high quality of life enjoyed by locals here.www.bs.ch/en
Resources for the travel trade:
Trade Corner – For information, travel tips and resources agents can visit our dedicted Trade Corner on MySwitzerland.com
Elearning Program – Register to discover practical information on how and where to travel in Switzerland, enhance your knowledge and strengthen your skills in planning and marketing trips to this beautiful country. Be rewarded with a certificate, door sticker for your agency and Switzerland Certified Specialist award. Plus receive quarterly incentives and invitations to dedicated trade events and dinners. For more details and to register: http://elearning-au.myswitzerland.com/
Switzerland TourismNote: Office not open to the public
c/o Consulate General of Switzerland in Sydney
101 Grafton Street, Tower 2, Level 25
Bondi Junction NSW 2022
T 0011 800 100 200 29
- Agents taste the SuperStar life in Switzerland Tuesday, 20 December, 2016
- World’s longest train tunnel opens on 11 December 2016 Wednesday, 30 November, 2016
- Switzerland launches world’s first electric Road Tour Thursday, 24 November, 2016
- #inLOVEwithSWITZERLAND because you can but you don’t have to Wednesday, 2 November, 2016
- WIN double passes to Heidi Premier in Sydney and Melbourne Monday, 24 October, 2016
- The Swiss Travel Pass to include world’s steepest cogwheel train from 2017 Tuesday, 27 September, 2016
- Live from Interlaken. Pure Switzerland Monday, 26 September, 2016
- TravelManagers get a taste of the Swiss Life Tuesday, 20 September, 2016
- Zurich Launches Food Festival and Lists Top 10 Al Fresco Venues Friday, 2 September, 2016
- Pokemons gone wild in Basel Tuesday, 9 August, 2016
- Free ski passes in Switzerland Thursday, 4 August, 2016
- See Basel while swimming in the Rhine Wednesday, 27 July, 2016
- Switzerland’s Top Five Pools with Views Tuesday, 19 July, 2016
- A Cultural Journey through the Zurich Region Tuesday, 5 July, 2016
- Swiss Tempo gives agents a high Friday, 1 July, 2016
- Tour de France to kick off Swiss Road Biking campaign Tuesday, 21 June, 2016
- Switzerland Travel Experience wraps up another successful event Thursday, 16 June, 2016
- Swiss Travel Pass Superstar Program Returns again Monday, 6 June, 2016
- Swiss Travel Pass Superstar program returns Monday, 6 June, 2016
- Switzerland easy with Swiss Travel System Saturday, 21 May, 2016